4/15/14

Heading toward that Good Night

Blod clot in her left toe creating considerable pain

She falls asleep mid-sentence. I hear a rattle in her throat. 

She fell three times on Friday and has bruises everywhere including her left temple. She doesn't want to wear her teeth.

Used to Be Mother is fading away. She has stopped eating and drinking. Everything tastes yucky to her. Her urine is the colour of orange juice. Her lips have patches of dry skin. Her eyes are red and her vision is blurred. She sleeps most of the day and night now. She still recognizes me and asks each time about B. Little of what she says makes sense. It's like the wires in her brain have all been disconnected and put back together randomly. She still counts as she brushes her hair all forward and as she wipes her bum. "I have to get to 30", she says as she rubs away.

Yesterday we listened to some music I had on my iPod. One song had a strong beat and it tickled me to see her tapping her hand in time to the music. After listening to the lyrics to the hymn Come Let Us Anew, she said "Isn't that just wonderful?"

I close this post today with the lyrics for yes Mom, they are just wonderful:

Come, let us anew our journey pursue, Roll round with the year, And never stand still till the master appear
His adorable will let us gladly fulfill, And our talents improve
By the patience of hope and the labor of love,
By the patience of hope and the labor of love.
Our life as a dream, our time as a stream Glide swiftly away,
And the fugitive moment refuses to stay;
For the arrow is flown and the moments are gone. The millennial year
Presses on to our view, and eternity's here,
Presses on to our view, and eternity's here.
Oh, that each in the day of His coming may say, "I have fought my way through;
I have finished the work thou didst give me to do."
Oh, that each from his Lord may receive the glad word: "Well and faithfully done;
Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne;Enter into my joy and sit down on my throne." 

1 comment:

Louise Plummer said...

"Enter into my joy." Blessings to you and yours.