9/13/11

Parent du Jour

Lisa Duggan and Stever Berger, co-founders and publishers of The Parent du Jour, invited me to participate in their project on parenting. Reading regularly what other parents submitted,  it's reassuring to know that there isn't one specific variety that is best. We all have in common the highs and lows and worries and hopes. We have moments of guilt,  frustration, lots of satisfaction.  I haven't read one yet that said, "Parenting?  I wish I hadn't." 




 I've been at times a helicopter mother. At others, distracted. Sometimes too overbearing or opinionated. Occasionally insightful. Always trying to be more effective. 






I'm the kind of mother other kids wish they had for a mother and whose own children are often quite nervous wondering what I will say or do next.  I filled out the Parent du Jour questionnaire anyway and here is how I responded.
What about you?
Do you ever think "I'm not cut out for this assignment?" or "My children will need years of therapy!"
Is it really true?
If you'd like to become a parent du jour, you can e-mail Lisa at submissions@theparentdujour.com.  Your particular blend of parenting might just be what someone in the trenches needs to hear today.

No comments: